Friday, February 20, 2009

100th Day of Kindergarten

Today is Jack's 100th day of Kindergarten, and it is a BIG DEAL! His class was assigned a project to create something that displayed 100 'somethings'. My first idea was dinosaurs, because Jack is a nut for dinosaurs and we have atleast a million dinos here in our home. But, the project had to be something that could be displayed on the wall, so Jack and I brainstormed and came up with a bug jar idea. We punched out and glued 100 dragonflies in our jar, Jack made the label...I don't know if you can read it from the photos, but he wrote "100 Dragonflies." Then, he thought it was a good idea to put his name on the lid of the jar so everyone would know they were his dragonflies that he 'caught.' We had a great
time making this, and it was awesome practice for
counting to 100. (Do you know how many times we counted those dragonflies to make sure we had 100?) And, Mae got to help. She helped us sort the dragonflies and rub them onto the gluestick. When I took the photos, she couldn't resist jumping into the picture because...well, its her project, too I guess. Can you tell, she looks very proud? Anyway, Jack left for school this morning very excited about what the 100th day might offer. They were going to have a 100th day breakfast, and I'm sure do some other 100th day activities. The ride home from school today is going to be a good one - he can fill me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment