Also, today I'm 32. It has been a great birthday. Yesterday Don came home early from work and said he and Jack "had some business to take care of" and they left for about an hour. Later, while we were eating supper, Jack blurted out, "Mom, just wait until you see what's for dessert!" He and Don exchanged sly-secret-birthday-looks and Jack said, "ITS CORNBREAD , MOM!!!!" So, I played along that we were having cornbread for dessert. After we finished Don and Jack snuck out to the truck and brought in a BRIGHT red cake with huge sprinkles on it. Jack was extremely proud, because he picked it out himself. He was also very excited with himself for (kinda) keeping the cake secret. Then, this morning -before the sun was even up- I awoke to rattling by my head. It was Jack, grinning from ear to ear, holding a bouquet of flowers. He was too excited to wait any longer, they had been under his bed, waiting for him to give them this morning. I'm such a lucky gal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww my sweet nephew!!! Love the groundhog outfit!! Mom has been talking to me about it so it's good to finally know what it looked like. Happy Birthday Jamie!!!
ReplyDeleteLove "The Bowl of Cherrys" Blog!! Very Cute!! Hope you had a great birthday! Save that Groundhog outfit - I may need it one day! - Good job Mimi!
ReplyDeleteJamie Girl.........You rock! Love your blog and thanks for inspiring me to make up my own:) Miss you and Happy B-day again!
ReplyDelete