Jack has loved dinosaurs since he could talk. He loves everything about them. He wants to know how each one lived, how they hunted for food, how big they were, what period they lived in: all the facts. He enjoys dinosaur books of all kinds, but he especially loves the fact books that tell it like it was. So it was no surprise on Saturday when we took a family trip to the bookstore that he chose "Extreme Dinosaurs." I walked with him all around the extensive children's section and we looked at several options...the new 'Despereaux' books, another Magic Tree House chapter book, 'Crickwing' - a Janelle Cannon book (we love her books), and a SkippyJon Jones book. He layed them all out onto the floor of the store and deliberated. I secretly wanted him to choose the Janelle Cannon book, but I knew before he started which one he was going to choose. And, because there are no gory meat-eating scenes in this book, it was OK for him to get it. He has looked and read the book from cover to cover several times since Saturday. At bedtime, I see him under the covers with his flashlight, still soaking it up. He is thoroughly enjoying it, so it was a good choice.
He had a little big-brother jealousy because I posted Mae's video the other day, so he wanted to make one. Here is his commentary on his new book:
For the record, Mae chose a musical Elmo book, Don got a Civil War book on the battle of Antietam and I got 'Twilight.' So many people were recommending this book to me, and I see why...I loved it! I finished it last night and cannot wait to start the second in the series!
Jack, What a GREAT JOB you did on your video. I think you might grow up to be a TV or radio announcer. Please make more videos as often as you can. We love seeing you and Mae on these videos. It is almost like being there with you. It would be fine if your mother or father made one also. We can wait to see you all.
ReplyDeleteMuch Love!
Papa and Mimi
Jack, what a GREAT job you did on your video. We think you just might grow up to be a TV or Radio announcer. Please do more video as often as you can. It would also be fine for your mother and father to post a video. We can't wait to see you all.
ReplyDeleteMuch Love!
Mimi and Papa
HI JAck! I loved your video and will soon show it to Jayden! I know he will love your book and ask me to find him one! That looks like a really AWESOME book!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing Jamie! He is getting SO BIG!
& handsome as always!
yvette