Last week was Jack's spring break. Don was able to get Friday off, so we went into the city to visit the Museum of Natural History. First off, let me say that the train ride into the city and the cab ride to the museum were very exciting parts of our trip, too. The kids love the train. It follows the Hudson River in, so the view is good. I packed some snacks and it was an easy 45 minute ride...much easier than taking the van into crazy city traffic, I am sure. Then, the cab ride to the museum was really a RIDE! In our haste to get into the taxi before the driver got tired of the slow hillbillies with kids and a stroller, I put Jack in and slid next to him with Mae in my lap. Don followed on my other side with the stroller. The cabs have touch screen TVs
in the backseats, so Jack was enthralled...then as we are jetting - and I do mean JETTING (at an extremely fast speed) through NYC traffic and pedestrians, my son pulls the door latch and opens his door. Don and I shriek, yank him over by his little blue shirt and slam the door shut. We both utter an embarassing apology to the driver, who doesn't even acknowledge us, but power-locks all the doors... Note to Self here: Jack does not sit next to a door in taxis from now on. Once at the museum, he was absolutely thrilled. They have a very large dinosaur exhibit and more skeletons and fossils than we've seen. His favorites were the T-Rexs (of course), the long neck Barasaurus and the Mammut (no, not mammoth, Mammut).The picture of Jack at the top is with a Mammut, the photo below
with Don is with a T-Rex, and the one to the rightthat looks like it's biting Jack's head is a Velociraptor. The one with me is dark, but it is a Triceratops behind us...very cool. Very fossily cool. Mae is not in any of these pictures because she was relaxing in the stroller for this part. We didn't see the whole museum - it is huge. We did see the ocean life hall and the hall with gems and minerals. While we visited those exhibits, she slept in the sling, such an easy baby I have! We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back!

SOOOO JEALOUS!!! I told you about those crazy taxis!! Have you not gotten car sick in one yet? I am sure that scared you both to death with Jack. Glad you all had fun and I hope to go with you guys into the city one day soon.
ReplyDeleteVery cute pictures, beatiful treen never have seen one that tall, NY must really grow extreamely J. Magnolias, can't beleive Mae's hair. We really hate we have missed so much of her life can can't wait to see you all. Please post some videos, they are as close as we can get for now. Glad you all made the trip to the big city OK but we both wish we could have been threre to help and to just be with you all.
ReplyDeleteLove! Mimi and Papa