Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Thing About Today...


Today is April 8, 2009. Don got home from a 15 month deployment on January 8, 2008. So, that means today he has been home as long as he was gone. Why did the 15 months without him go by so slowly, but the 15 months since he's been home seem to have flown by? The picture above is our first family photo of the four of us. It was taken minutes after Don got off the bus onto the 1st Calvary Divison parade field. The only word to sum up that night; one small but incredible moment in my life, is surreal. Time stood still. My Jack was awe-struck. My sweet Mae met her Daddy for the first time. God is so good! I'm thankful He reminds me to not take my family, or the precious time I have with them, for granted.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day it was indeed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Made me teary just thinking about that wonderful night. You were such an amazing FRG leader and I can not tell you how much I miss having you lead the way for us. It is amazing what good leadership can do for a unit. The folks in New York are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie
    You are right about that night, it was one we will never forget plus what you said about spending time with your precious family. We loved every moment we had with Don when he was growing up. Knowing how happy you two are makes us very thankful and happy.
    Mimi and Papa

    ReplyDelete